why so big?
Go big or go home! It's kind of fun to bite into a HUGE gooey, crunchy Big.Fat.Cookie! and the added bonus is...they freeze perfectly and reheat to get that fresh from the oven, chocolate oozing, divine homemade cookie- any time day or night!
do you make a gluten free version of the Big.Fat.Cookie?
Funny you should ask. it's a long story and the reason big. fat. cookie started. Since we are not baking in a gluten free kitchen the risk of cross contact is 100%. Our GF cookies are not be safe for an allergic person or someone with Celiac.
are there peanuts or tree nuts in the Big.Fat.Cookies?
Yes- we make peanut butter cookies as well as cookies with tree nuts.
may i customise a four pack because i don't like raisins?!please don't tell a lame story how you are allergic to raisins, we will change out the raisin cookie for another cookie in the assorted pack, please leave us a note with the order, do not send an email asking for a change.
*currently we not not make custom, create your own packs.*
how long will my Big.Fat.Cookies stay divine?
our cookies have 12 day shelf from the oven. after that (if there are any left), we suggest slicing and freezing- from room temperature, warm the cookies at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. the inside will be melty chocolate and the outside will be crispy. Of course you can also freeze whole cookies, its just quicker to re- heat once they are sliced. no matter when you receive our cookies, we always recommend re-heating to get the melty chocolate and crispy outside.
can i freeze my Big.Fat.Cookies?
yes!!!! slice and freeze or leave whole. bring to room temperature and re-heat at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, depending on your oven.
how do i reheat my Big.Fat.Cookies?
from room temperature: slice, freeze and re-heat on a piece of parchment paper in a 350 oven for 5-7 minutes. or you can re-heat a whole cookie, please allow a frozen cookie to come to room temperature before re-heating.
how and when do you ship?
- We ship Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from Chicago, choose either UPS.
- Ground shipping typically takes 1-5 days, depending on your proximity to Chicago
- Orders placed Wednesday after 11:00 am (CST) will ship the following week. UNLESS you are local in this case we may be able to ship Thursday.
- 48 hours advance notice to prepare a local Chicago pick up or delivery.
- Chicago city delivery available- within certain boundaries OR pick up at our kitchen at 1030 North Hooker Street (yes, Hooker)
- Locally we hand deliver to doorman buildings only, driver cannot leave the vehicle.
- We will send a tracking number upon shipment, please be on the look out so your cookies don't get melted, frozen or meet some other unwanted fate! oftentimes carriers throw the cookies over a fence or into a bush. we wrap each order with care and bubble! please do not let your cookies sit outside in the elements.
- ***we cannot be responsible for items left unattended once they have been delivered.***
- we cannot guarantee a specific arrival date- unless you pick or or we hand deliver, please plan accordingly.
- We are a small company and each order is baked and filled with the greatest attention to detail.
- Please be sure your shipping address is correct. We are unable to replace packages if they are stolen from your front door, if you give us an incorrect address, or if you meant to send to your boss and by mistake sent to your ex mother-in-law.
- Once a package of cookies leaves our kitchen, we are at the mercy of UPS. The estimated time carriers give for a package to be delivered is only an ESTIMATE, we have found they usually take longer than the ESTIMATED time. Please plan accordingly.
how long will it take to make and deliver / pick up my cookies?
since we are small and bake to order we need a 48 hour window to process your order.
is there a minimum quantity for ordering?
yes- minimum order is 4 cookies.
what other quantities can i get?
6 oz cookies come in packs of four, six, eight, or twelve.
how will my cookies be wrapped?
we pack two ways depending on the quantity ordered- either in a clear food safe plastic presentation box tied with bakers twine/ribbon or in brown paper bakers box, also wrapped with colored tissue, cotton twine/ or ribbon -depending on the whim of the wrapper!
can i order cookies for a large party?
absolutely! we love a challenge. for quantities over 48 cookies we need 1 week advance notice.
do you make any other flavors of Big.Fat.Cookies?
yes! we offer seasonal flavor packs. please check our website at the beginning of each month for new packs!
can you make custom decorated cookies for my child's bat /bar mitzvah, my husband's 40th birthday party or my divorce celebration?
if it can be put into a cookie we can make it for you! depending on the request there might be an additional charge. we do not make photo or logo cookies.