ask anything and shipping stuff.
why so big?
why not? its kind of fun to bite into a HUGE gooey, crunchy Big.Fat.Cookie! and the added bonus is...they freeze perfectly and reheat to get that fresh from the oven, chocolate oozing, divine homemade cookie- any time day or night!
do you make a gluten free version of the Big.Fat.Cookie?
No, we do not make a GF cookie but funny you should ask that, it's a long story and the reason big. fat. cookie started. Since we are not baking in a gluten free facility the danger of cross contact is way too high.
are there peanuts or tree nuts in the Big.Fat.Cookies?
Yes- we make peanut butter cookies as well as cookies with tree nuts.
may i customise a four pack because i don't like raisins?!
please don't tell a lame story how you are allergic to raisins, we will change out the raisin cookie for something else!
how long will my Big.Fat.Cookies stay divine?
our cookies have a ten day shelf life. after that (if there are any left), we suggest slicing and freezing- reheat at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. the inside will be melty chocolate and the outside will be crispy. Of course you can also freeze whole cookies, its just quicker to re- heat once they are sliced.
can i freeze my Big.Fat.Cookies?
yes!!!! slice and freeze or leave whole. bring to room temperature and re-heat at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
how do i reheat my Big.Fat.Cookies?
slice, freeze and re-heat on a piece of parchment paper in a 350 oven for 5-8 minutes.
how and when do you ship?
- We ship Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from Chicago.
- We suggest 2 day shipping, although our cookies will stay fresh 10-12 days after baking- after that freeze and reheat (bring to room temp bake 8-10 minutes 350 degrees)
- Ground shipping typically takes 1-5 days, depending on your proximity to Chicago
- Orders placed Wednesday after 11:00 am (CST) will ship the following week. UNLESS you are local in this case we may be able to ship Wednesday and Thursday.
- We prefer 48 hours to prepare a local Chicago pick up or delivery.
- Chicago city delivery available- within certain boundaries OR pick up at our Lakeview shared kitchen or our address at 111 East Oak Street- package left with security guard.
- Locally we hand deliver to doorman buildings only, driver cannot leave the vehicle.
- We will send a tracking number upon shipment, please be on the look out so your cookies don't get melted, frozen or meet some other unwanted fate!
- We are a small company and each order is filled with the greatest attention to detail.
- Please be sure your shipping address is correct. We are unable to replace packages if they are stolen from your front door, if you give us an incorrect address, or if you meant to send to your boss and by mistake sent to your ex mother-in-law.
- Once a package of cookies leaves our kitchen, we are at the mercy of USPS, UPS and FEDEX.
how long will it take to make and deliver / pick up my cookies?
since we are small and bake to order we need a 48 hour window to process your order.
is there a minimum quantity for ordering?
yes- minimum order is 4 cookies.
what other quantities can i get?
6 oz cookies come in packs of four, six, or twelve.
how will my cookies be wrapped?
we pack two ways depending on the quantity ordered- either in a clear food safe plastic presentation box tied with bakers twine/ribbon or in brown paper bakers box, also wrapped with colored tissue, cotton twine/ or ribbon -depending on the whim of the wrapper!
can i order cookies for a large party?
absolutely! we love a challenge. for quantities over 48 cookies we need 1 week advance notice.
can you individually wrap cookies for a party give away?
we are able to place cookies inside individual food safe plastic bags sealed with a big. fat. cookie sticker. add $1 additional for individual cookie wrapping.
do you make any other flavors of Big.Fat.Cookies?
we are developing holiday themes....think of candy corn studded triple chocolate for Halloween, green mint and chocolate for St. Patrick's day, milk chocolate hearts and sprinkles for Valentines day, pink m and m's for mother's day, blue and orange m and m's for bears football!
can you make custom decorated cookies for my child's bat /bar mitzvah, my husband's 40th birthday party or my divorce coming out?
if it can be put into a cookie we can make it for you! depending on the mix in there might be an additonal charge per cookie.